Customer Onboarding-After the Sale
It's what you do after you close a sale that makes the difference between a satisfied, loyal customer and one who never comes back.
Many marketers are so focused on getting more leads and closing sales that they forget that what comes after the sale is the most important part of running a successful business.
They create top-notch products and services and put well-planned marketing systems in place to sell them. But then they drop the ball when it comes to making sure their customers get the promised results.
Business owners who excel at building lasting customer relationships use a process called ‘customer onboarding' to make sure their customers get exactly what they expected from their purchase… and more.
They look at what results their customers want, and then…
They make sure every little detail that happens after a sale helps customers achieve success.
Sounds complicated? Don't worry. It's just a matter of following a series of steps to lay out a plan.
And we've put together a complete package of materials for teaching this topic in our course on Customer Onboarding: After the Sale.
There are 5 modules in the course plus an Introduction and Conclusion.
- Introduction – You'll kick-start your students' learning by going over the objectives and expectations of the course.
- The Importance of Customer Onboarding in Your Sales Cycle: You'll introduce your students to the concept of onboarding and the essential role it plays in their business, no matter what product or service they're selling
- Plan Your Customer Onboarding Process: You'll give them the steps to follow for planning out the big picture and the details of a consistent onboarding plan, so they can identify exactly what they need to do and when
- Set Up Your Customer Onboarding (The First 30 Days): You'll show them how to take their plan from the previous module and outline the exact content they need for the first weeks after a sale, including items they can automate
- Create Your Process For The Next Few Months & Beyond: Onboarding timelines vary based on what's being sold, so you'll also give them ways to continue engaging their customers, supporting success, and encouraging additional sales and referrals.
- Common Mistakes to Avoid with Onboarding: You'll explain the mistakes that could derail your customers' onboarding and how to prevent them, so your customers can avoid potential confusion or dissatisfaction with their products
- Conclusion and Next Steps: Finally, you'll give some parting tips as you review what was learned and guide your customers by putting together a final action plan for implementing their new onboarding process
And to teach the program above, here's exactly what you'll get in the Customer Onboarding: After the Sale package…
- Customer Onboarding: After the Sale – Course Book (37 pages) Contains all the information your students need for learning how to create a successful onboarding experience for their customers
- Action Guide (22 pages) To use alongside the activities outlined in the Course Book
- Customer Onboarding Timeline Spreadsheet – An Excel spreadsheet and example for creating a simple, visual layout of their onboarding process
- Summary Cheat Sheet (18 pages) – A high-level overview of each module of the course
- Slideshow (90 slides) – a ready-made presentation for classroom, webinar or video, so you can just fire up your slide program and start teaching