The Talent Dilemma (DECA BOE 2024)
(Pre-publication order. Your lifetime site license to The Talent Dilemma will be available no later than 15 August 2023)
The 2023-2024 topic for each career category is the development of a strategy to combat the talent challenge. Businesses today are facing labor shortages across all industries. Participants will collaborate with a local business or organization to analyze the current process for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and retaining workers. Participants will then create and present a strategic plan to attract and retain employees.
Introducing . . .
The Talent Dilemma is a web-based resource that will give your students everything they need to create an award-winning project and learn about recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and retaining talent.
This is the 8th year we have developed a resource to help you and your students develop a quality project for the DECA BOE.
Here is a preview of the table of contents for this Project WebBook:
- Definition of the talent challenge
- Why developing a strategy is important
Understanding the Talent Challenge
- Factors contributing to the talent challenge
- Impact of the talent challenge on organizations
Identifying Talent Needs
- Analyzing current and future talent requirements
- Identifying skills and competencies needed for success
- Strategies for attracting and recruiting talent
- Leveraging social media and technology for talent acquisition
- Investing in employee training and development
- Creating a culture of continuous learning and development
- Strategies for retaining top talent
- Creating an engaging and inclusive work environment
- Metrics for measuring the effectiveness of talent strategies
- Tracking progress and making adjustments
- Action plan for implementing a talent strategy.
- Sample Talent Strategy Plan
The WebBook walks your student through the process of completing the written portion of project and frees you up to work with other students who may be completing different projects.