eX. The Employee Experience
(NOTE: This is a pre-release offer. This Project WebBook will be available on or before 15 August 2021)
The 2021-2022 topic for the Business Operations Research Event sponsored by DECA is the employee experience . . . or eX.
eX is a worker's perceptions about their journey through all the company's touchpoints, starting with job candidacy through to the exit from the company. For some employees, simply showing up and getting a paycheck is enough. However, they are the exception. How vital is eX?
Among the findings from a study by Sapling are:
- Happy employees are up to 20% more productive at work.
- Actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. between $450 billion to $550 billion per year.
- 64% of employees feel they do not have a strong work culture.
- Employee satisfaction at Google rose by 37% as a result of employee support initiatives.
- Unhappy employees take 15 more sick days each year than the average worker.
- Companies with highly engaged workforces outperform their peers by 147% in earnings per share.
Participants in the Business Operations Research Event will work closely with a local business or organization and assess and analyze the current eX. Then, they will develop a strategic plan to improve the organization's eX.
Our web-based Project WebBook will provide you and your students virtually everything they need to complete this project. The advantages to the WebBook approach to this project include:
- All resources in one convenient location
- Everything is digital and available 24/7
- Allows for independent work
- A lifesaver if you have students working on several different projects
- One low price for an unlimited number of students
- Lifetime access, because even after the competition, this is an excellent project for your students!